- Reporting directly to the Chief Business Officer (CBO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Business Analyst will work across all departments in the organization to help improve services and processes through data analysis and research. The role will require reporting analysis which will support Finance's reporting requirements, cash flow analysis if appropriate and other finance duties to be defined. Under the Business Development umbrella, the role will cover historic order analysis and strategic forecasting, trend and market analysis and project review and management. The role will also look at analyzing business sectors and the logistics sectors in Myanmar and other ASEAN countries. The BA will be an independent-thinking, well organized and driven individual, with an enthusiasm for working in an entrepreneurial environment in a role that requires attention to detail, analytical acumen, excellent communication skills and the ability to present findings and projects in a professional manner.
- The work and role of the Business Analyst includes but is not limited to the following:
- Work and communicate closely with CBO & CFO to analyze market trends and data to aid the company to deliver revenue and margin targets over the short and long term
- Take initiative on projects and analysis that will be of value and benefit to the company
- Formulate ways for the company to improve processes and systems based on data analysis and research
- Analyze the trend of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Monitor KPIs and identify the cause of any unexpected variances
- Analyses and report to CBO potential market changes and developments
- Compiles monthly reports for the CBO & CFO as and when required.
- Assesses risks and opportunities with the probability of their occurrences.
- Gather critical information from meetings with stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Budget and forecast reports for Financial & Business Development Departments
- Produces reports including cash flow, receivable and payable, revenue, operational expenses
- Periodic snapshot of key financial and operational data.
- Monthly reconciliation report of two systems, KMS and Xero.
- Hold and lead meetings, presentations and run workshop discussions on analysis, research and projects to communicate findings to the company and relevant departments.
- Coordinate with cross-functional team to understand better the business processes with a view to improving efficiencies across all departments
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis upon request
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the business sector in Myanmar in a previous analyst role or related field
- Examples of leading and supporting successful projects
- Experience in the logistics sector a major advantage
- Degree in economics, business, statistics or related to the role of BA
- Logistics and supply chain qualifications are desirable
Skills and Requirements
- Deep understanding of all major industry sectors in Myanmar
- Proven track record in delivering analysis on time in a professional presentable manner with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in software applications
- Tech and digitally focused
- Timely and detailed reporting abilities
- Excellent time management and calendar planning
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines
- Fluent English both written and verbal
- Innovative and critical thinker and problem solver
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for curiosity and fast learning
- Proven ability to handle and transform large datasets into simpler customized or desired reports are required.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Advanced level in MS office, PowerPoint, Excel and other relevant applications to this role